Wednesday 7 December 2011

OD–4.75–2.00x175OS–5.25–2.25x2

It is almost the end of the first conference day. I missed the last talk becasue i ahd to go and buy led lights for my piece. I fel quite dismayed i jsut stuck the  lights on the side quite in an arbitrary fashion. very much in a way that clashes with the pristine inspace. Anyway, i am not blaming that becasue i am not wearing glasses, but it is because of recurring attitude. wehn i am feeling  that i have to rush something becuase i am in an awkward position, I think that awkward is one riht adjective to apply to my current state..I found the confernerce quite interesting but as well quite hard to follow because of low concentration level. Assimilating all the point of viewws today and making them my own would be a good goal, however... I am kept wondering what is the value n all this. Why this performance, or i shluld like to stop calling it that, my art. I was thinking of using these three days to reflect in my practice, I feel at a loss at the moment what i am looking at not literally, but in my art. Previously my statement was that from sedimentary rock to ecclesiastical architecture to otehr things, i am interested not in subject matter of these visuals, but how these spaces frame the human presence and more importnatny the human  choices made wihting these frameworks, and the repercussions following,. I have labelled myself in my undergrad as a visual artist. and i insisted that because through my research and interest was based on the study of visuals, ant their interpretation, before the context took over my work in my degree show piece and i decided to focus on site specificity within my studies..

I am hoping that by doint this exercise, something will come out of it, in terms of either rreducing the familiarity and explore oaher sources of perception.

It almost feels siilar to waht one would do in doing the desert experience, in spiritual terms.  Instead of removing myself from my environment by taking my whole self out of the equasion i just removed one little tool. IT feels lie q quite persoanl poiece this work, in the sense i do not think it would have much effect if my vision was much better and removing my glasses and i could almost see the same. on the other hand if my vision was much worse i would not have been able to find my way about and exploring the other points.

It is not like i would have altered my vision by putting somehting on, (like when i gave my glases to some people wihtin the conference when they asked how bad was my eyesight) but it is my natural vision that I am working with.  Going to be 30 tomorrow, makes this event a bit more important for me. it is a kind of rite of passage, i do not know into what, but it is going to by my first blurry birthday, i had glasses since i was primary 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment